I made this one smaller than suggested or it would have been huge... I cast on 45 or 46 stitches and did five repeats instead of six... I found it fairly quick to do but I didn't like this one. It curls (note the number of pins holding this puppy down...)
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Friday, January 22, 2010
Friday, January 15, 2010
Friday, January 8, 2010
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
This was an easy square to knit, but as usual my square has a little bit of "character". At least once I did a left twist instead of a right twist and it shows. I probably should have pinned it down to take it's picture. It requires a bit of stretching to be square. I think I pulled a little too tight at the edges, because the stripes barely show there.
This one was kind of neat to do. I also tried both methods and found the stitches came out more defined using one over the other - also I found the stitches to be ackward to do... I was getting used to them by the end of the square though. And my square came out huge... I doubt this will all go together into one blanket (not without some major borders being added to many squares...)
I like this design. I tried both methods of the right and left twist, and noticed that one is a lot more defined than the other. My square is upside down, but you can see at the top of the picture where the zig-zag shape is not as clear as in the rest of the square.