Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Krystal's Square 6

RHSS in Buff.

This square put the emphasis on Learn for me. I didn't have any trouble with the ptbl - I knit continental and it was really only a matter of changing the angle. It didn't feel awkward at all. What I did have to learn, though was how to create even tension. My first two tries at this were horribly messy - it looked like I have never knit before in my life. The ptbl and ktbl really exaggerate any variances in tension you might have.

All of my square to date have been using size 5 needles. This one, I required bumping up to size 8's so that I could ensure that even stitch was securely tensioned to the needle. Now the stitches look mostly neat, but you can see where I got a little TOO much tension and the rows are shorter. All the sections have the right number rows, but you can see the shorter sections where I was tighter.

I did exactly the right number of rows and it came out to the right length, but this still required some tugging to get to the right width. I'm not sure if I was supposed to add stitches on to make it the right width without tugging or not - no one seems to have the answer?

No comments: